Tuesday, February 9, 2010

MICHAL BROWN POSTCARD MEMORIES



I ARRIVED, to Northampton, MA in the summer of 1977, lover immigrant with Linda Barnes a Smith College graduate with great pedigree, from Wellesley, a distinguished vicinity. We met at some Spanish Golden Century Literature course in the University of Puerco Rico.

I can not pin point the date of meeting Ms. Brown, now married. Coincidentally, before her, I met Ms. Carol Delisle, a single mother from the same town, Williamsburg. But now that I think of it, it most have been in Hugo' s a bar in the outskirts of Northampton, I still remember that night when our eyes met. It was either summer or fall of 1980. Nothing happened on that night, but the spark. Do not worry it will not be a sappy love story....

She lives in Greenfield a frontier city with Vermont, beautiful, picturesque, with her fortunate husband. But I am certain that her huge blue eyes, matching her not so New Englander calves and butt, a perfect, round, tropical one, enchanted moi. That and her brains, in addition to her family, mother, sisters, brothers, but not so much her dad.


MAKE WHATEVER YOU THINK
OF THE HEREIN WORDS
THERE ARE ONLY
GOOD THOUGHTS
MEMORIES FROM
THOSE DAYS WHEN I
WAS NOT SO HUMBLE
but rather handsome and
in good demand by the
ladies, being
a tall, bright
islander
in
The Pioneer Valley



HI Honey,

I just got home-5:00 about the same time you arrived in San Juan. I feel very lonely just knowing you wont be here for a while. I love you Toby's car is fine- the woman shouldn't have
been passing on the right. Write soon
write soon
love,
potato.

PS I'm sad

II

Hi Raul,
It is snowing and cold and I miss your company very much. I'm working out a lot
and still not drinking coke! My sugar intake is still quite high write to me very soon!
love + kisses
michal
III
Hi hon,
Just got back from Ptown with Jack, Sara, + ma. All say Hi, Jack says after supper mother
fucker...haja bilingual laugh...I loved my birthday card. We had two good sunny days
on. Roger and Ruthy will go to Maine on Saturday, love,
Michal

I will continue this story later. There are perhaps forty postcards from Ms. Brown, and Jennifer Brown, the tall, nice butt, ugly toes from Rochester who along Michal somewhat captured my memories from those far away charming times in the Pioneer Valley, Northampton.
To be continued....


1 comment:

  1. What would I give to have prolonged those
    days! But life is what it is!

    ReplyDelete